L-Citrulline is used for Alzheimer's disease, Dementia, fatigue, muscle weakness,
Sickle Cell disease, erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure, and diabetes. It is
used for heart disease, body building, increasing energy and for improving athletic
L-Citrulline is thought to help increase the supply of ingredients the body needs to
make certain proteins. It may also help open up veins and arteries to improve blood
flow and reduce blood pressure.
The following are the primary scientifically backed reasons why one should consider
adding L-Arginine to their health and wellness regimen.
1. Offers wide-ranging cardiovascular support, including controlling blood pressure
and plaque formation. Nitric oxide keeps arteries relaxed and pliable for normal blood
pressure, preventing hypertension and angina.
2. L-Arginine is one thousand times more powerful than any naturally occurring
antioxidant in the body. L-Arginine's antioxidant properties support various body
systems and may protect against heart disease, stroke, cancer and diabetes, as well as
slowing premature aging.
3. Enhances memory, particularly long-term memory, and may help to reverse the
effects of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
4. Boosts human growth hormone (HGH) production, which has anti-aging properties.
5. May help improve immune function and fight bacterial infections.
6. May help in the treatment and prevention of diabetes since many disease complications,
including poor circulation and blindness are vascular in nature. L-Arginine is also found
to regulate insulin secretion in the pancreas.
7. Enhances male sexual performance by treating vascular erectile dysfunction (ED).
8. L-Arginine's anticoagulant abilities reduce clotting and lower heart attack and stroke risk.
9. Reduces pregnancy-related hypertension, a risk factor for both the expecting mother and
the unborn child.
10. Useful in the treatment of asthma by opening pulmonary pathways for easier breathing
and the treatment of lung disorders.
11. Boosts lean muscle mass and preserves bone density by encouraging HGH production,
which also leads to a reduction in fatty tissue. Because of these properties, it may be useful
in weight management and strength training.
12. Can help offset cardiovascular and lung damage caused by tobacco use, since nitric oxide
levels in smokers are less than half of those found in non-smokers.